This is a salad that could heal the sick.
At least, that’s what my boyfriend said as he piled his plate high for a second helping. The FDA has yet to approve that claim.
Here’s what you need:
- Baby Arugula
- Black plums*
- Shaved carrot strips
- Balsamic Vinegar or glaze
- Olive Oil
- Crushed pistachios (these are key! be generous)
- Sea salt to taste
* red plums will do, just make sure you’ve got ripe ones that will be sweet, not bitter
**if in season. Other berries can be substituted, and if nothing looks good, leave it out and add something like apple, pear or kiwi. Likewise, add any other ingredients you feel this salad needs.
You may also find these salad recipes totally delightful:
- Arugula Cherry and Goat Cheese Salad from the NYTimes
- Chili Lime Cucumber Noodles over Salted Watermelon from The First Mess
- Rainbow Carrot Ribbon Salad from The Proud Italian Cook
- Over the Rainbow Cabbage Salad with Tahini Lemon Dressing from Oh She Glows